Translate

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Don McCullin's Desert Island Discs

My love affair with Don McCullin continues...

The following is taken from the Guardian interview with Carole Cadwalladr outlining McCullin's return to Aleppo, and the documentaty McCullin due to be screened January 1.  Catch the full article here...
 
CC:  What do you think of photojournalism these days?
 
DM:  It's had it. Nobody wants to look at spreads of dying children. They want to see higher heels. It's all gone celebrity, hasn't it? Celebrity, looks, fashion. If I see another picture of Gwyneth Paltrow, I think I'll put my head down the lavatory. Fake tans, Beckhams, Jamie Oliver. I can't take any more of it. That's why I'm going to Syria.

Don McCullin

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/features/desert-island-discs/castaway/c3d7aaf1#p009mhn5